We are thrilled to report that The Mandalorian, the live-action Star Wars series chronicling a lone gunfighter’s struggle to protect a young alien being known only as the Child, has been honored with several Emmy Awards. With winners announced throughout the week, The Mandalorian has thus far taken home five awards in the following categories:
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-camera Series (Half-hour) — (The Mandalorian, Chapter 7: The Reckoning)
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-hour) — (The Mandalorian, Chapter 1: The Mandalorian)
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-hour) And Animation — (The Mandalorian, Chapter 1: The Mandalorian)
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-hour) And Animation — (The Mandalorian, Chapter 2: The Child)
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects — (The Mandalorian, Chapter 2: The Child)
The Lucasfilm and Disney+ series, created by Jon Favreau and executive produced by Favreau and Dave Filoni, is also a contender for Outstanding Drama Series during the Primetime Emmy Awards broadcast later today. All told, the series garnered 15 nominations across 12 categories.